FOR WALKS THAT HAVE NO EMERGENCIES OR UNEXPLAINED DELAYS:
Use your club contact system for club walks. Notify the Contact Officer before the walk and on your safe return. If you know for sure that some or all of the party is safe but delayed, let the Contact Officer know, so worried friends or relatives can be reassured.
FOR WALKS WITH AN EMERGENCY!:
Overdue is NOT, in itself, an emergency. If in doubt talk to a Rescue Leader or your Club Contact Officer.
For life-threatening or time critical emergencies dial 000 or 112 (mob) and explain the situation
for injury, known lost persons, extreme bad weather, dangerous conditions or serious delay (that is more than 24 hours late on a normal bushwalking trip) notify Police to explain the possible emergency.
- notify the police (required for a search or rescue)
- the police will arrange a helicopter response (if needed) and
- organise any search and rescue (if needed)
- you must keep necessary records (time, location and any relevant details)
- inform your club contact officers so they can reassure anxious friends and relatives.
Postal address: P.O. Box 296, STONES CORNER, QLD. 4120.
FOR YOUR BUSHWALKING SAFETY
- DON'T WALK ALONE
- TELL SOMEONE WHERE YOU ARE GOING
- WALK WITH A CLUB